Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with mild hydrbephtosis, ovarian cyst, have endometriosis, have heavy bleeding. Help?

Hello Doctor: I am 46 years. I have been diagnosed ( u/s, nuclear imaging) with right mild hydrometer / hydrbephtosis but no stones no pain or symptoms and normall urinalysis . However I also have endometriosis and right ovarian cyst . after laproscopy surgeon was of the opinion that ovarian cyst is not pressing the ureter . So I have two questions 1) since I don t have any problem now and as dr is suggesting to have stent in ureter ( which has it s own complications, like pain and excessive urination etc) how much would it be beneficial for the hydro...Second, in order to manage the endo and heavy bleeding ( 25-28 days cycle with 6 -7 days of periods) what could be done. I know of birth pill as an option. I personally feel if endometriosis is controlled it might help reduce scarring and relieve the obstruction on ureter ( if that s the case). I will greatly appreciate your expert opinion. Looking forward to your response. P. S. : hydro was diagnosed year and half before during routine gyne u/s and other results are more or less same over the time. Thanks and regards. Suha
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Suha.

First of all, the stent placement would be the best, most effective and plausible option.

Next, endometriosis treatment ranges from hormonal control through medication, dilation and curretage like procedures, birth control and many other forms of medication. You could approach your (OBGYN) doctor for immediate control and management of this condition.

Although both these conditions are not inter-related, you experience more discomfort from the endometriosis as the symptoms are visible. Addressing both conditions will be most beneficial.

Hope this helps.

Take care.
Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor