Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with fungal infection on penis, no relief with medicines, advised STD tests, partner clean. Cause?

hi i have aquired some red bumps on my foreskin of my penis. i saw my G.p and she said it was a fungal infection . i was presribed micreme for the bumps, after a course the bumps did not receed i saw the doctor again but she then told me to take an std check, i havnt been yet as the person i was sexually active with did not have any of the symptoms i am experiencing so i ruled out the posibility, again it only occurs on the foreskin and scrotum not the head of the penis
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi the infection over the foreskin can be due to candidiasis which is a fungal infection.most of the times it is associated woth cracks on the forwskin.
It can be presented as sodden appearance and itchy minute bumps over the foreskin.which on rubbing causes erythema.
It can be cured by atarax 25 mg at night.azithromycin 500 mg daily once for one week and use of flucanazole 150 mg weekly once and application of nizral ointment over the effected area
Answered: Fri, 20 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor