What causes brown patches on the penis glans after circumcision?

Question
I am 30 years old. I just had circumcision in August. From October I started developing brown/black patches on the penis glans. The patches are around the urethra starting from areas where the stitches are placed. I need some guidance as to why are they occurring. I am very worried.
Fri, 18 May 2018 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be natural skin marks

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.

Based on the history and images you have shared, it seems like natural marks since birth but if it had been acquired after surgery and you are quite sure about it, it can melasmas which is due to increased pigmentation at different sites.

If it is due to surgery it will resolve in few months and are neither contagious or dangerous but if you are seriously concerned about it's prescence, a dermatologist review can be sought to use peeling agents available locally to be used over it for few weeks.

Chemical peeling is a procedure which can also be done by a qualified dermatologist. Hope this has answered your question. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards.