Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed of stomach, liver problem. Done Sonography. Prescribed with Livfit tablet. Follow prescription or alternate treatment?

i was advised to take livfit tablet for one month as my doctor found some problem in sonography of the liver and stomach . The symptoms are like i taking a lot of alcohol but the fact are different. i was just 35 yers old and only few times in a month like 1 or 2 i was taking a little bit alcohol, Doctor denied it please advice me will it ok to go through the tablet or any other treatment should i follow
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  1785
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
What was your ultrasound report? Up to how much extent, your liver is damaged?
Liver is affected by alcohol in 4 stages: 1) fatty liver 2) alcoholic hepatits 3) cirrhosis 4) cancer
Up to 2nd stage, abstinence of alcohol may revert your liver damage but once cirrhosis has been started then there is no role regarding stopping alcohol.
So if you have still great percentage of better functioning liver, then if you stop alcohol and whether take livfit or not, your condition will improve.
Liver is the organ on which no body make any commands.
You have to give time to liver for recovery.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Thu, 30 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma's  Response

Welcome to HealthCareMagic,

You haven't mentioned any of your report. Without details of reports it is not possible to guide you properly.

Alcohol can cause Cirrhosis of liver. Stage of disease can be known through reports.

Livfit is manufactured by Alembic, but it is an Ayurvedic medicine. It is supposed to be cholagogues cholelitholytic and and hepatic protector medicine.

If you are suffering with Cirrhosis of Liver, you should avoid alcohol completely, and consult a Physician, and start treatment under his supervision.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma
Answered: Thu, 30 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor