Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Diabetic, having chest pain, troponin level high, sinus tachycardia border line abnormal. Concerned?

Yes I have a question. I was hospitalized on Dec 17th for chest pain my troponin level was 0.07 to start with and my ekgs 1st one said sinus tachycardia anterior t wave changes are borderline abnormal then next 2 said sinus tachycardia with pacs and my troponin levels did go down to 0.03 well now I am hurting but not bad more a pressure in chest and i feel as someone is trying to chock me is it anything to be consernered about. I am female 34 yrs old with diabeties.
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Thanks for your concerns, yes there is truly a source of concern given your history of diabetes and the elevated troponin in the setting of sinus tachycardia. The first thing that needs to be ruled out are significant blockages of the arteries of the heart giving rise to those symptoms, thus a cardiology visit is in order. he may decide to conduct a stress test or with the information and symptoms that you have had may recommend an angiogram (invasive test with dye to look at the vessels of the heart). I would not ignore the symptoms or take them lightly.

Truly yours,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN
Answered: Fri, 31 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor