Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Diabetes, hydrocele, difficulty in folding the fingers due to stiffness post 4Th metacarpal injury and plastering. No improvement with exercises. Which medicines should be taken?

I am 65 years old, a patient of type 2 Diabetes and have right side Hydrocele since long back. Also I can not fold my left hand fingers due to stiffness which is the after effect of 4Th Metacarpal injury and then plastering. Now I am doing exercise for folding the fingers but not finding improvement. Kindly suggest medicines for curing the aforesaid problems.
Asked On : Thu, 24 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  285
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Dear sir,
The symptoms that you are complaining about appear to be due to stiffness due to prolonged immobilisation. The best type of treatment for such a case will be physiotherapy in the form of active , active assist and passive range of motions of the fingers. Xray of the involved hand will be further helpful in making sure that there are no bony deformities. Multiple choices for pain relief include analgesics, wax therapy and hydrotherapy. As for the hydrocele it requires a proper examination by general surgeon who will help you decide further. Hope this answer has helped you.
Answered: Mon, 14 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor