Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Developed an itchy rash. Red and flat. What do you think is wrong?

My 5 year old daughter developed an itchy rash yesterday morning. It s red, flat, with no discernable shape or pattern. locations include wrists (very itchy), ankles (minor, and not itchy), armpits, belly button, waistline, inner thigh (very itchy) on one leg only, one buttock, under one eye (very mild, doesn t seem to be itchy there)?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  152
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,  
Dermatologist 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.

From your description, it seems that she may have a rash due to scabies. However, its difficult to confirm it without seeing the rash.

If you can post a picture, I will be able to see it and confirm the diagnosis.

Scabies is an infestation of the skin. It needs to be treated with the application of permethrin cream just once.

Take care
Answered: Mon, 9 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor