Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Dazed and shaky after hitting on head, got bumps on forehead. What to do ?

hi there I m abit worried my partner n me n the boys were play fighting and punch playing type n I our two ill boys were jumpn on him hitting him on the head semi hardish he then got a funny look n his eyes n stood up n fell over at first I thought he was playn but he hadn t moved soI went over n he was dazed n bit shakey I got him onto the bed n things n he s sayin he s fine he doesnt remember what had happened at all he s got three tiny lil bumps on his forehead I m worried he doesnt want to go to the hospital but what do I do
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

These symptoms are suggestive of mild head injury and concussion.

In most cases, it has a good outcome and spontaneous recovery occurs.

Treatment is mostly symptomatic- analgesics such as ibuprofen for headache, ondansetron for vomiting, betahistine for dizziness, etc.

As of now, there is no need to go to hospital. However, if he develops severe headache, recurrent vomiting, drowsiness, etc, you should take him to hospital.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar Md DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
Answered: Mon, 19 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor