Owl Image

Suggest remedies for vertigo, nausea and dizziness

Owl Image
Dr. Eni

Question
My daughter,50 years old, is bedridden for 10 days with Vertigo, nausea and dizziness. She was seen at
a hospital where an MRI and cat scan found nothing abnormal. Any remedies would be appreciated! Thank you. Email is YYYY@YYYY .
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Perform a therapy to put the inner ear little tiny bones in order

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,

Welcome and thank you for posting your question.

If Cat and MRI do not find anything, and she has been strugglin with it for a long time, then you should consider something else. This unknown vertigo may come from a disbalance of the tiny bones of the inner ear.
There is a therapy performed in the office of a Ottoiater, Ear-doctor (OTR or ENT). He will make you sit and do different exercise (not very easy), to put in balance again the small tiny bones of the innear ear.
Try to ask if your local ear-doctor can perform it, otherwise check for an appointment with someone else that can do it to your daughter.

If you have more question, please feel free to post them.

Best Regards,
Dr. Eni

Follow-up: Suggest remedies for vertigo, nausea and dizziness 3 days later
Thanks...she saw an ear, nose and throat dr...He referred her to a neurologist in XXXXXXX CO. They suspect MS after an MRI contrast ..not positive.
Any suggestions? Sincerely, XXXX

Answered by Dr. Eni 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I dont think she has MS.

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,
It is good that the MRI and CT were normal. Regarding the MS, i guess u referr to Multiple Sklerosis and I dont think she may have it, the symptoms of MS are totally different.

I would suggest that you check with the referred neurologist to check up, and then let me know what he said.
Did the ear-nose-throat doctor said anything regarding the inner ear?

Waiting for more information.

Dr. Eni

Follow-up: Suggest remedies for vertigo, nausea and dizziness 14 hours later
Dr. Eni,
She saw an ETT specialist on Tuesday in XXXXXXX He saw nothing wrong and recommended a neurologist...She was taken to a neurologist same day. He ordered her to be placed in his hospital for the follow up MRI.. i have telephoned her room, but no one answers. I live in MA and am having difficulty getting information from anyone. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thank you again. XXXX XXXXXXX 0000

Answered by Dr. Eni 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Try to connect with the hospital.

Detailed Answer:
Dear,

I would first suggest that in this scenario better to check in with the hospital and ask about the situation with the receptionist.

Maybe they have changed the room.

I wish I could, but unfortunately, I cannot help regarding the local hospital, but only regarding the medical advices.

Hopefully, you will get in touch soon with your daughter. Let me know what the MRI stated.

Dr. Eni

Follow-up: Suggest remedies for vertigo, nausea and dizziness 2 hours later
Hi..I spoke with her ...doctors have no idea what is wrong with her. I suggested going to XXXXXXX but she is not willing.
If you or your associates can recommend someone or somewhere that could help
her, I would be very grateful. Sincerely, XXXX XXXXXXX ❤️

Answered by Dr. Eni 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try betahistine and stop the ativan.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

I would really like to suggest you a hospital near where you live, but I am a doctor from Europe and I cannot recommend any hospital or doctor there.
Since the doctors there have not found a particular cause, then it means that probably the disiness is emotional related, and perhaps it will go away on its own. Fresh air and walking in parks helps a lot.

I would suggest she tries betahistine for dizziness and stops with the ativan (lorazepam), because it is a strong tranquillizant and not for everyday used because it can bring dependence.

If you have other question, please feel free to post them.
Best Regards,
Dr. Eni

Follow-up: Suggest remedies for vertigo, nausea and dizziness 27 hours later
Thanks ..XXXX

Answered by Dr. Eni 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Best Regards!

Detailed Answer:
Dear,

You are welcome!
Dr. Eni