Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Cracks on inner thighs and scrotum, burns when touched. Creams give timely relief. How to get rid ?

Hello, I have cracks on my inner thighs and scrotum . In the seems. They burn when touched. I have put powder. Certain creams, alcohol, peroxide , iodine . All it does stops the burning. Also, starting to see the red skin getting bigger. I climb trees for Townsend tree service, so I know that not helping. Could you tell me what I might have? Where I got it? How to get rid of it? And if it is a fungus, could my spouse have given it to me.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
You seem to have repeated episodes of intertrigo. This is combined bacterial and fungal infection of the skin. u can apply candid cream on the area twice a day .that will give you relief from the burning sensation and cracks.
It happens due to conditions if heat and humidity. Due to the accumulation of sweat the fungus and the bacteria get a chance to grow and cause symptoms.

Hope this helps. Take care
Answered: Wed, 24 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor