Could irregular periods be a symptom of fibroid s?

hello my name is Anara and i am 18 i had my period at the age of 13 and the doctors said that it would become regular with time. well now its been 5 years and it has still not become regular. in fact sometimes it just skips out for months what should i do ? could there be a possibility of fibroids?
Wed, 8 Jan 2014
Fibroids can cause irregular periods.
But they usually presents with excessive bleeding during periods or intermenstrual bleeding etc.
Fibroids usually will not present with amenorrhea.
The possible causes for your irregular cycles are :
- Hormonal imbalance as in poly cystic ovary disease, due to stress and strain, weight changes etc.
-Thyroid hormonal abnormalities
- Prolactin level abnormalities
- General conditions like anemia etc.
So, once consult gynecologist and get evaluated.
Go for ultrasound, hemoglobin estimation, thyroid profile, prolactin levels estimation etc.
Possibly with this workup, the cause for your problem can be identified and treated.
With your doctor's advice you can take tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding.