Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Continuous sneezing, eye redness, itching, allergy to dust, fumes, cold weather. Permanent cure?

helo, actually I am having continous sneezing , then my eyes turn red , and itching of eyes after sneezing. this problem is from last 4-5 years. atmosfhere change, dust , perfumes , and regularly in winters. what is the best medicine I can take. I usually take Citrazine during this and i got relief for about a day or two.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  128
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello and welcome to HCM!

your symptoms indicate that you might be suffering from allergic rhinitis or perennial rhinitis

cetirizine an antihistamine 10mg orally once daily, is quite effective in immediate relief of symptoms but this is often temporary. you can add to this, intranasal corticosteroid like mometasone furoate (nasonex)(200mcg once daily per nostril). there may be a delay in its onset of action and you have to use it continuously for at-least 2 weeks before an effect can be documented. side effects of the drug are limited and are usually due to incorrect usage. also you can add to this, montelukast 10mg (montair)daily at bed time. keep in mind that the two drugs i have mentioned are to be used as a prophylactic treatment. montilukast has no role in treatment of acute attack.

take care
Answered: Sat, 1 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor