Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Continuous pain in stomach due to multiple ulcer. Medications to treat it?

Dear doc , I am having a stomach ache since 1 yr . I went to my local doc , and done a endoscopy with biopsy . The result come that I am having multiple ulcers in duodenal region. It was treated with rabeprazole for 2 months but my stomach pain got increased. After that I consulted to another doc and for 1 month I took 5ml of sparacid with some other pills. Now I am having a permanent pain in upper right as well as whole left which is I am unable to resist. I am taking no medicines now, and need a advise which could be helpful in my case. Name: Milind Age:19 yrs Gender : male
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Dear Milind, ulcer disease is a chronic disease which goes through different phases and each of these phases has specific treatment. First of all every patient with ulcer need to change his nutrition and lifestyle. This means you need to avoid stress (one of factors that increase incidence of ulcers) and specific food and drinks( coffee, alcohol, fats, fast food etc). But it seems like you ve already developed a serious type of ulcers, you are pretty young and it must be definitely treated in a right way.

So second Line of Defense are medications. We usually use 3 of them (proton pump inhibitors, antacids and Ca channel blocators). Rabeprazole is proton pump inhibitor and one of most useful drugs BUT it s not the only one. Ask your doctor about antacids and Ranitidinum medicines or combination of them, it might be helpful.

In modern medicne permanent pain can and must always be treated. You shouldnt suffer because there are more treatment methods...

One of them is endoscopic treatment of ulcer, I dont know reason why your gastrologist didnt do this,i t is called terapeutic endoscopy...

The last "hope" is a surgical treatment but I am not gonna decribe it :) If there will be need for it just call me:)
Answered: Wed, 5 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor