question-icon

How can pop top lodged in the throat be treated?

Posted on Tue, 22 May 2018
Question: pop top stuck in my throat, what should I do?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant (37 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Endoscopy to confirm what exactly is the problem

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted that X-rays and CT scan does not show but you still feel it in throat.
The commonest cause of such a feeling in absence of Radiological negative imaging are as follows:
Fear or anxiety of having a foreign body in throat can give the sensation, hence the best way is Endoscopy as it can show the actual problem in throat; there can be pharyngitis or so.
If at all some foreign body is swallowed it can cause minor injury and gives the sensation and here again an Endoscopy gives the correct diagnosis.
Please insist for Endoscopy.
Take antacid liquid.
Take a PPI like Omeprazole.
Sips of lukewarm water frequently give soothing feeling.
Relax and be assured as X-ray and CT are normal.

I hope this answer helps you.
With Regards.

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon