How can pop top lodged in the throat be treated?
Endoscopy to confirm what exactly is the problem
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted that X-rays and CT scan does not show but you still feel it in throat.
The commonest cause of such a feeling in absence of Radiological negative imaging are as follows:
Fear or anxiety of having a foreign body in throat can give the sensation, hence the best way is Endoscopy as it can show the actual problem in throat; there can be pharyngitis or so.
If at all some foreign body is swallowed it can cause minor injury and gives the sensation and here again an Endoscopy gives the correct diagnosis.
Please insist for Endoscopy.
Take antacid liquid.
Take a PPI like Omeprazole.
Sips of lukewarm water frequently give soothing feeling.
Relax and be assured as X-ray and CT are normal.
I hope this answer helps you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to treat radiation burn to throat
- How to treat sore throat
- How to treat fever and sore throat
- How is throat cancer treated
- How to treat a sore throat headaches
- How to treat cough and sore throat
- How are lumps in the throat treated
- How to treat sore throat bumps in back of throat
- How to treat throat infection
- How to treat sore throat with itching inside the throat