Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

How can pop top lodged in the throat be treated?

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 16085 Questions
pop top stuck in my throat, what should I do?
Tue, 22 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Endoscopy to confirm what exactly is the problem

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted that X-rays and CT scan does not show but you still feel it in throat.
The commonest cause of such a feeling in absence of Radiological negative imaging are as follows:
Fear or anxiety of having a foreign body in throat can give the sensation, hence the best way is Endoscopy as it can show the actual problem in throat; there can be pharyngitis or so.
If at all some foreign body is swallowed it can cause minor injury and gives the sensation and here again an Endoscopy gives the correct diagnosis.
Please insist for Endoscopy.
Take antacid liquid.
Take a PPI like Omeprazole.
Sips of lukewarm water frequently give soothing feeling.
Relax and be assured as X-ray and CT are normal.

I hope this answer helps you.
With Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor