Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Continuous bleeding, excessive pain. Had taken progynova, duphaston. What can be done?

Good morning,my name is Meury I am 20 years old I live in Beijing,and it s been 1 month and a half I am with the period ,since I went to brazil because I had my period with 12 and I am always sick with allot of blood so the only solution I had is taking 3 pain killers per day,but I know that excessive pain killer have allot of side effects,with continuos visit to the doctor they never did nothing so in bresil the doctor gave me pills (yaz,drospirinoma 3 mg,etinilestradiol 0,02 mg)since there the period dident stop so arriving in Beijing I went to the doctor who gave me medicine for stop the period,who stop for 3 days and restart again,and I suspect that was already my next period so I waited for 10 days and still dident pass so return to the doctor and gave me the same medicine for 10 days and stop and 2 days later start and now she gave me a new pill,she said the other was not strong enough for me and that one is the (progynova) I need to take for 21 one days and the day 7 start with the duphaston also,but I am reading about progynova and they said Its for menopause ladies and do not work like anti conceptional and I am in the 3 day and I have allot of blood,I never change 3 times a night,I never had such blood,please help me I am feeling these doctors are not serious,and because of that now I have anemia ,they cant just giving medicine like that,and if is not good after we change more,my body react to these excessive medications . Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 8 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  155
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
Good morning Meury, Nice to have you here. Please note that if a woman bleed continuously at your age then she need certain investigations to find out the cause of her bleeding especially a girl like you who has tried so many regimens but with no success. Sometimes there is some local cause in the genital tract that is causing trouble. These investigations include a pap smear, a pelvic ultrasound, Some times a Hysteroscopy & also tests to find out any defects in your blood clotting etc. Please get your hemoglobin checked & start taking some iron & multivitamin supplement. You need to go to a gynecologist to get yourself fully checked & with a diagnosis before trying different treatments. Hope you get well soon.
Answered: Sun, 8 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor