Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Chronic GERD, loose stools. Taking antacids, enteriquinol, zenoflox. Risky?

I am a chronic GERD patient and have been taking antacids. I am suffering from a bout of loose motions since the past six days. Initially it subsided after i took Enteroquinol. However my local physician put me on Zenoflox but it is not coming under control. Can I switch back to Enteroquinol and if I do, how many hours of gap do I need to leave after taking Zenoflox? Are the two drugs likely to interact and cause problems?
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  240
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diabetologist 's  Response

Your are a known case of chronic GERD.
Of late you have an episode of diarrhea.
The Diarrhea may have been caused by any bacterial infection.
Enteroquinol is an antidiarrheal drugs and Zenflox is a fluoroquinolone group of antibiotic.
Both are different group of drugs with different set of actions.
You can use both for maximal effect.
Answered: Tue, 21 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor