Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Child with a round, red ring on the cheek, had a bout of flu earlier. Is it ringworm?

my 2yr old daughter has a perfectly round red ring on her cheek it is fairly light but about the size of the tip of my middle finger I don t know what it is or if I should take her to dr was worried could be ringworm but no idea what that even looks like~ she has been sick this last week thought was flu but now wondering if connected to the circle on her face~ is this something serious?
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response


This is definitely not serious. It may be a rash of the flu that she had last week. Please wait for a week and observe. Apply calamine lotion over it for a week. If it does not subside in a week, then consider taking her to the Dermatologist.

It may be ring worm as you say. Worm infestations are common in 2 year olds.

Hope this helps.

Answered: Fri, 18 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor