Suggest remedy for skin lesions on finger

Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello Doctor,

Im 24 years old male and i have developed some dry rough white patches on my right hand fingers.

I actually had unprotected oral sex last month and aonce then i could see all these things.

I have attached a picture for the same.

Please help me out.

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Skin lesion on finger

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

This skin lesion on your right finger could be due to some fungal infection or dermatophytosis.Is there nay itching or any similar lesion on any other parts of your body?
It is better if you can consult a dermatologist .At least skin scraping can be subject to KOH preparation for any fungal hype .It does not look like any chancre or primary syphilitic lesion.

Dr. T.K. Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas 47 minutes later
Hello Doctor,

Thank you for taking up my question.

Itching does happen on the other parts of the body.

Upon Scratching it becomes red and also there appears a small cut like thing especially on fingers.

I also attached another picturewhich is placed on my right arm just above the wrist.

I also feel my left hand is pumping as in some beating vibratons i feel.

Answered by Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Skin lesions following unprotected sex

Detailed Answer:

Your skin lesion on forearm above the wrist looks like Molluscum contagiosum which can occur singly and the causative virus may be transmitted
by sexual contact.

Dr. T.K. Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas 1 hour later
Hello Doctor,

Is it something i need to worry about?

How would it be cured ?

Please help me.
Answered by Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Skin lesions following unprotected sex

Detailed Answer:

You need to see a dermatologist to confirm diagnosis.

There is no specific systemic treatment for molluscum contagiosum.
In most cases, the disease is self-limited and regresses spontaneously after 3–4 months in immunocompetent hosts.
Topical cidofovir may have some efficacy in the treatment of recalcitrant molluscum contagiosum.

Dr. T.K. Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T