Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Child treated for dengue fever. Started getting stomach pain. Is this normal?

sir my son is 3yrs old and suffered due to dengue fever for about 10days, and hospitalized for 3 days and returned home 10days back, and now for the past 2 days he is complaining about stomach pain for every one hour and this pain lasts for about 2 mins, then he becomes normal and playing. what would be the reason, whether we have to get medical attention, or is it normal after dengue. could you please answer.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Hi there,
Welcome to HCM.
Dengue in children is self limiting disease but children usually take longer time to fully recover, about few weeks. I do no think that this pain is due to dengue. Dengue is associated with fever, rash and joint pains. I suggest you get in touch with his pediatrician for his stomach pain. Thanks.
Answered: Wed, 4 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor