Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Child having a small red patch in the area of injured foot. Broken or bruised?

My daughter hurt her foot on Sunday. She was at a friend s house and stepped on something or stepped on her foot wrong. She s not sure. She s 9. She wasn t sure where the pain was originally but then realized it was hurting her on the outside middle of her foot. Today there is a small red patch in that area. I have no idea if it is broken or just bruised or ???
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
  User's Response
in both the ways of mode of injury it can be a bruise or a fracture. finally to be decided by an x ray
I advise you to go for an x ray to detect a fracture .If no fracture in X ray then it is a bruise. Pl see whether the injury is there or not. If no fracture and not sure history of injury, do not forget to see about arthritis of foot . Some of blood test are to be done
Answered: Sun, 9 Sep 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014

It may be Sprain ,Soft tissue injury or Fracture.

So, if swelling & tenderness present at foot, You have to visit Orthopedic surgeon for clinical examination & X-ray of foot.

Meanwhile if swelling is more , give some splintage to the foot & anti-inflammatory drug like ibuprofen.
Answered: Sun, 9 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor