Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Child has black spots in vision on standing. What type of specialist should be consulted?

My 16 year old daughter see black spots upon standing. There is no dizziness or headache with theses spells, but she actually blacked out one time. What type of doctor do I need to take her to? The family md did blood tests and an ekg . The ekg was fine. They also said her thyroid was a little high and want to retest her in 3 months. I m not waiting three months to do something about my daughters condition, and I don t want to waste my time/money on the family physician. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the question,
blackouts on standing could be of cardiac or neurologic origin. This is usually called orthostatic hypotension, syncope or lipothymias depending in the case. A proof or actual diagnosis usually arises from a coordinated evaluation by a neurologist and a cardiologist.
Booking an appointment with a cardiologist and then/ or a neurologist shall be of utmost help.
Thanks and hope this helps,
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor