Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Can you suggest a diet plan for a diabetic ?

Good Mrng Sir, my father is suffering from Diabetes , can u suggest me diet for him
Asked On : Tue, 9 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  111
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Ankit,

Welcome to HCM.

Your father can go for a regular walk for one hour. Have rice only in afternoon, no rice in the night. He can have roti in the night.Have frequent small meals.He can have fruits like apple, orange, musambi, papaya.Basically it is high fiber and low carbohydrate diet.No sweets or sugar in coffee or tea.

Wish him good health.
Answered: Tue, 9 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi well come to HCM
To control DM you got to concentrate on three things atleast.Diet Exercise and drug
depending on ones severity of DM. Food in general should be restricted charbohydrat
especially sugar. High fibre and low calory diet. For detail diet recoomendation your
basic food habitts are important. You may take advise of dietition Who will keep in
mind calory rquirmnt as per his activity body built
Answered: Tue, 9 Aug 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor