Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Can urine test detect all sort of STDs ?

Does urine test detect all kind of std, including discharging from prostate gland?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1296
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
Welcome to only STDs that can be tested by a urine sample are gonorrhea and chlamydia. Gonorrhea and chlamydia can also be detect by a swab sample. rest are detected by examination-herpetic ulcers,HIV-blood.HPV visual and blood examination.
Answered: Sat, 25 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Hi welcome to HealthcareMagic

Normal urine test will give the report of color, PH, RBC,Pus cells, sugar in urine, Microscopy shows the presence of pus cell, crystal, ... STD(sexually transmitted disease ) can be found out by VDRL test, it is a blood test mainly done for syphilis, secretions of prostate is found in the semen, which contributes to the PH of semen...
Answered: Sat, 25 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor