Can chocolate lead to diabetes ?

As i ve heard that the more sugary things you eat, the more chance you have of getting diabetes and i have a sweet tooth!
Sat, 6 Aug 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Dentist 's  Response
hello, according to your diet if you excercise well and burnout calories you can lead a normal life without getting into diabetes. daily practice of walking and yoga even before getting diabetes can keep you and your chocolate relation together! happy life
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

Diabetes is a condition where there is increased blood sugar levels due to following reasons, it is lack of sufficient insulin secretion, inability of the insulin secreted to act. chocolate causes increase in blood glucose levlels and it has no effect in causing insulin deficiency or failure of insulin to act. so chocolate does not lead to diabetes but it leads to incresed levels of blood glugose in the people already suffering from diabetes

Dr. Nagesh K G's  Response
Chocolates or any sweet will never lead to diabetes.As many know,diabetes is very much hereditary.It can also occur due to severe stress induced occupations or habits.Lack of exercise and sleep is also believed to be a main factor.But if diabetes runs in your family,then it is better to control sweets etc,with good habits and lot of exercise.Enjoy life,eat sweets but never forget to work out..........that should be your mantra.Take care
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Manish Gupta's  Response
hello,
according to your diet if you excercise well and burnout calories you can lead a normal life without getting into diabetes. Diabetes is a condition where there is increased blood sugar levels due to following reasons, it is lack of sufficient insulin secretion, inability of the insulin secreted to act. chocolate causes increase in blood glucose levlels and it has no effect in causing insulin deficiency or failure of insulin to act. so chocolate does not lead to diabetes but it leads to incresed levels of blood glugose in the people already suffering from diabetes.
take care...