Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Can anxiety disorders cause high heart rate ?

hi, i am a 22 yr old male with anxiety problem. My resting heart rate is 86. My blood pressure i checked last time was 133/85. Is it normal for a guy in my age for such high numbers?Can anxiety disorders cause this?I have also had panic attacks before.i get shivers and dizziness all the time
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Heart rate is fine but blood pressure is slightly high because of the anxiety. You must do relaxing exercises like deep breathing, Pranayam, Yoga. Also eat more vegetables and lot of water daily for good health. You must visit a Psychiatrist who will be able to help you with CBT behavior technique and drugs if necessary to prevent the tremors, sweating and heart racing. Don't worry. Be cool. It can be treated well in modern medicine.
Answered: Mon, 13 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor