Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Calf injury while playing soccer. Inflamed muscle, applied ice, painful. Recommendations?

Hello. Last night I got kicked in the calf while playing soccer and at the moment was not to bad. Right after I played the pain increased it was really hard to put my foot down and put pressure. The muscle is inflamed but not bruised at all. I put ice on it the moment I got home and felt a little better but hurts a lot still this morning. Any recommendations?
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  353
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Your calf muscles have been injured and there might be any tear in calcaneal tendon too.There are chances of cracks in bone too.Don't neglect.

For relieving the pain take paracetamol+Aceclofenac combination tablets.
Apply diclofenac gel locally
Take alternate warm and cold compress.
Stay in rest and away from play for few days.

Don't forget to visit an orthopedic surgeon or doctor of sports medicine and take his advice.You may need to have an X ray of that leg if he feels so.

Hope this helps.
Update here how you stay.

Take care.

Disclaimer: The Expert’s advice is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, as a complete assessment of an individual has not taken place.Please consult your nearest physician before acting on it. The advice is not valid for medico-legal purposes also.
Answered: Sat, 10 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014

Thanks for posting your query.

It might be soft tissue injury or fracture.

Without X-ray, it is difficult to differentiate a fracture from others. I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance.

In the interim, apply ice packs to the affected area,anti-inflammatory drug like motrin1 tablet with food as and when required (upto 4 tablets daily) to reduce pain and inflammation. Avoid putting weight and rest well.

Answered: Sun, 11 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor