What causes pain and swelling in the right ankle?
Can be Achilles tendonitis.
Thanks for posting your query.
The swelling in the ankle with pain in achilles can be due to achilles tendonitis. This can be diagnosed after an MRI scan of the ankle. Taking rest anti inflammatory pain killers doing a hot compress and using an ankle brace will help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in ankles and wrist
- What causes pain and swelling near the ankle
- What causes swelling and bruising in ankles
- Migraine neck pain cause ankle swelling
- What causes ankles to swell chemo
- Pain in the ankle swelling no injury cause
- What causes indentations and swelling in ankles
- What is the cause and treatment for ankle swelling
- Ankle pain after cracking sound causing swelling
- What causes pain in ankles
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?