Suggest treatment for achilies tendonitis
Pain killers or steroid shot.
Thanks for posting your query.
Achilles tendonitis is an inflammation of the tendon. Usually hot compress and mild pain killers can help in controlling the pain and discomfort associated with it. Rest to the foot using flat sole shoes and wearing an elastic bandage or support will also help in providing relief. In case the pain or swelling are persistent then it is best to get a local steroid shot after consulting your orthopedician.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for tendonitis in foot
- Shoulder tendonitis treatment
- Tendonitis treatment caused by cipro
- Treatment for tendonitis in knee
- Treatment cipro tendonitis
- Suggest treatment for pain due to strained muscle tendons
- Treatment of achilles tendon lipomatosis
- Tendonitis treatment ear
- Suggest treatment for ligament and tendon injury
- Treatment for severe elbow tendonitis
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?