Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Burning sensation in chest while smoking

Burning sensation in chest while inhaling smoke, gulping water or stretching left arm backward or forward Since almost 1 month I have a chest pain , feels like its just inside of the second rib from top and around 1 inch left from the center of the chest. I used to smoke occasionally..when this happened after a party.. sorry to say I have smoked that day.. next day I felt a burning sensation at the same area when I tried to smoke.. so I couldn t able to smoke anymore. I have quite smoking completely now. Now when I stretch my left arm behind or gulp water, I feel a pain there. When I inhale any smoke (from a vehicle or any other .. not only a cigarette smoke), it feels burning inside the same place. I am 34, male. Do I have a tumor or something? What Shall I do? Thank you..
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  1917
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello there,
Welcome to healthcaremagic. The chest pain or whatever discomfort you have mentioned could be due to a gastrooesophageal reflux in which stomach or esophageal contents flow backward from the esophagus into the trachea and airways, producing irritation and burning sensation.Although with this same symptom many other pathologies might present.So I would suggest get yourself evaluated by a primary physician and meanwhile start a course of Proton pump inhibitor for about 4 weeks.Take care
Answered: Mon, 4 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor