Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Burned scar, white area within scar tissue

A scar irritated me recently. It felt tingly and i could see 2 or 3 bumps forming. I decided to burn it to fight whatever it was. Some of the scar tissue was removed by the burn and I found a vary white area withing the scar tissue. The white round area looked something like a wart would look like under the skin. Keep in mind that this scar is about 3-4 years old.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  290
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

You are having hypertrophic scar.
You are embarrassed.
But, burning the lesion you have is not the treatment.
You are doing mistake.
I usually give intradermal steroid injection in my patients having hypertrophic scar.
You consult dermatologist to have proper treatment.
Silicone gel or hyaluronidase gel would be applied to enhance the good result.
Remember, never traumatise or burn the scar.
There may become ulcer after burn on scar, which would take long time to heal.

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Tue, 27 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor