What is the treatment for testicle pain?

I have been dealing with pain around my testicals for a little over a month. Ultra Sound came up abnormal on right testical. The test was repeated twice with the same results. I was asked a couple of times if I ever had any trauma to my right testical. In fact I was hit with a baseball about 3 years ago. An MRI was done and it showed the appearance of scar tissue. Blood test were done and there are no markers for cancer so at this point it is highly unlikely it is a tumor. Over all the pain has reduced from about a 9-10 to about a 3-4 when I am sitting down with the help of anti-inflammatory medication, pain medication, as well as antibiotics. While sitting it will gradually get to a point to where I can't sit anymore and have to stand. My Dr is telling me that he doesn't believe removing the testical will relieve the pain. He also said there are no conclusive treatment plans for testicular pain because often the source of the pain cannot be identified. I am 45 years old, had a vasectomy, so the loss of a testical for reproduction purposes is not an issue. What is an issue, is the probability that by removing the testical it will alleviate the pain I am having. Or is this something that I am going to be facing the rest of my life.
Fri, 29 Nov 2019

It may be due to several causes.

For further assessment, I would suggest you to do scrotum ultrasound after consultation..

For pain you can take tablet acetaminophen

Further treatment mainly depends upon the underlying condition

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shyam Kale
Family and general physician