Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Bumps on arm, taken Benedryl, stung by bee. Have pityriasis rosea. What is going on?

Hi, I m not sure if I should be asking a dermo or a doc. I am an African American woman. About a month and a half ago, I got stung by a bee on my left arm between my elbow and biceps . The swelling and the itching somewhat went away a wk later, but a few days after I thought I was getting better, I started getting all these bumbs that started looking like hives when I started to scratch them. A few days later, bumps started appearing in the same location on my right arm. I put cream for about 3 wks. When I didn t see that it was working I went and got Benedryl . I drank a whole box of Benedryl for about 7 days and today it has just gotten worse. I ve been stung by a bee before but I never had a reaction so severe. In fact, this is probably the 3rd or 4th time I ve been stung in my whole 31 yrs of living. On top of that, I have pityriasis rosea . The patch on my lower inner arm started to heal but started to react again when I got stung. I am going to see my regular doctor first thing tomorrow but can someone please tell me what may be going on w/me? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
it can be fungus or allergies
both can give this type of area
fungus increases in sweat areas and allergy can occur at any age at any time with any substance
you have to get treated fter diagnosis
for time being you can take fexofenadine 120 mg od or bd
apply calamine lotion once or twice xan also apply aternately candid ointment
keep dry areas annd can put mycoderm powder in beteen
Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor