Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Broken right wrist near thumb. Having severe pain, using wrist splint. Time taken to heal?

Hi, I broke my rt wrist and the brake was by my rt thumb . I was suppose to have my cast on for another 6 weeks but it was hurting me so much that the Dr. took it off early and gave me a wrist splint . My wrist and elbow won t bend straight and I still have as much pain as I did when I broke it. I try to work it in the hot tub , how long will it take ?? I am a terrible patient. Help PLEASE Thank You Teri
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  157
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
you are having an incomplete t/t of fracture so still having pain and dur to lack of physio your joints are stiff, so you need proper splintage , medication and psysio therapy after a carefull evaluation ,,,,,,,,,,, , you might need alonger time to get releafe because of t/t failure Regards
Answered: Sun, 15 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor