Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Broken ribs, right lung filled with blood after accident. Discoloration in hip area. Internal bleeding?

My boyfriend had a motorcycle accident a week ago Sunday on tues I dragged him to dr he was found to have five broken ribs and third of his right lung filled with blood . Trauma surgeon decided not to drain secondary to clotting issues? He said to come back in a week. Yesterday I noticed large area of bruising discoloration more towards lateral hip area below ribs could this be more internal bleeding or just late bruising c
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HealthCare Magic

I hope you are doing good. It is a bruise you see , you cant see internal bleeding in abdomen ( Belly ) or in lungs. Usually Bruises do not appear that quick after trauma it appears after awhile like a day or two. Bleeding in Lungs (Hemothorax) can be seen Chest x-ray, CT scan , Pleural fluid analysis , Thoracentesis.
You should re-visit your doctor to completely re-examine has body and if he develops any sign of
Chest pain
Low blood pressure
Pale, cool and clammy skin
Rapid heart rate
Rapid, shallow breathing
Shortness of breath

I hope have answered your query. Feel free to ask.
Wish you good health.
Answered: Mon, 5 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor