Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Body pain after falling, bruising. Should I visit my doctor?

Hi, I slipped in the shower this morning and landed on the side of the bath with the right side of my body pretty hard (between the bottom of my ribs and my hips) and the right side of my body really hurts now. I can feel a lump under the skin on the side of my body where I landed and it is starting to bruise . I am sure it s just a bruise, but should I visit my doctor to be sure I haven t done any damage, or am I just over reacting? Thanks very much, Gemma
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
I don't think there should be any problem.
If you are not dizzy or not vomiting and if there is no problem in your urine or bowel movements,then there should be nothing to worry.
However if any of such symptoms arise,then a visit to doctor would be required.
Local hot fomentation and take ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day for 3 to 5 days.
This should be enough.
Local lump would be a local collection of blood in the muscle,under your skin and nothing specific has to be done for should go away of its own.
Answered: Sat, 12 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor