Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Blood work done for diverticulitis, creatinine high, getting cold hands, frequent urination. Should I be concerned?

Last week had blood work done for diverticulitis and noticed my creatinine was 1.51. I was treated with Cipro and Flagyl but worry about the creatinine level. I ve been dx with dehydration in past. Get terribly cold hands on and off and seem to be urinating more lately. Should I be concerned? My doctor didn t seem to be!!
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  340
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012

Thanks for posting on HCM
You are having a slightly elevated creatinine (normal value 1.1) but could be most probably due to an existing kidney infection ( which could be serious). Glomerulonephritis can lead to kidney failure.
Your doctor might be required to run some more test like urinalysis and culture, 24hrs proteinuria, protein electrophoresis, fasting blood sugar, kidney ultrasound to see if they are any existing kidney lesions that could be a cause for concern.
You will have to complete your antibiotics as prescribed by your doctor. Then you can do in say a week or more a creatinine level tests to see if they are still elevated. You did not mention the level of urea ( it can also be helpful).

Hope this helps
Answered: Sat, 9 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor