What causes severe abdominal pain with fever?

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 15 May 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I have beenhaving sharp pain, in my lower abdomen, it lasted for about 8 hours, the pain is gone, but very tender, not feeling that great, I had a low grade fever
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Precaution required

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.

Well, you should wait and see if new symptoms will occur or pain come back. These are non-specific symptoms but fever and pain may be a sign of urinary tract infection or some inflammatory process in your abdomen.

I'd suggest having easier diet, plenty of fluids and rest. If pain recurs or fever rise or urinating pain and vomit occur, you should see a doctor and do an abdominal ultrasound to rule out any diverticulitis or abscess.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee