Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Bleeding during sex with abdominal heaviness

hi! i m 32 years old, married with 2 kids, stands 5 feet 2 inches and weighs 56 kilos. i am taking birth control pills as contraceptive. last december 2010 i had post coital bleeding and experienced pelvic pain . i went to my ob gyne for check-up. i had pap smear and transvaginal ultrasound and was diagnosed with cervicitis. i was prescribed to take antibiotics and vaginal suppository for 10 days (1 suppository every other day). but sometime in march it recurred pelvic pain is consistent...this time i stopped taking the pill but didn t took any medication. and just recently, june 12, 2011 to be exact, i bled during sex. my pelvis still hurts and my abdomen feels full and i feel like i m having pms. pls. help. i m afraid i might be in big trouble. thanks.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  150
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
You need ti get examined. Maybe a polyp has developed which is causing the fresh bleed. There are many causes of Postcoital bleeding. Cervical cause in your age is important. Get examined by the Gynaecologist and note the cause of pelvic pain as this could be PIS or Pelvic Inflammatory Disease which needs antibiotics.
Answered: Mon, 13 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi Dear,
Welcome to HCM.
Your anxiety is well founded. It certainly needs medical attention. Since it was diagnosed as cervicitis and your PAP Smear came Negative for malignancy, most likely it could be chronic cervicitis with cervical erosions, which is common. However to be on safer side it is better that you consult your gynecologist again, get a speculum examination done along with transabdominal and transvaginal ultrasound examination and if indicated a repeat PAP Smear. If every thing indicates just chronic cervicitis, the doctor could consider cauterising the area.
Answered: Mon, 13 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor