Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Bleeding after miscarriage, blood test done, HCG, lower abdominal pain, uterus pain, tender to touch cervix

I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks. I had bleeding and passed clots for a few days. That was a week and a hang ago. I had blood work done last Thursday and my hcg was 134 and Saturday it was 72. Dr. said my body took care of it on its own. I have had a lot of lower abdominal pain for almost a week now that is severe sometimes. I just realized today that its pain from my uterus . When I touch my cervix it is really tender and hurts. Also when I have gas the pain gets really bad. What could cause this?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  267
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
It can be symptoms of endometfitis, this pathology could be caused by clots of blood in your uterine cavity. Probably it is pelvic inflammatory disease. The temperature should be measured with ultrasound investigation of your pelvic organs and full blood count, careful inspection of vaginal and uterine cultures. There can be (but very rarely) coexistence of uterine and extrauterine (more often in fallopian tube) pregnancies. As a result once two day HCG level in blood has to be controlled in order to manage this situation properly (conservative treatment or laparoscopy can be used).
Wish you Good Health
Dr O. Aleksandrov
Answered: Tue, 5 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor