Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Black spots covering penis, What could it be ?

I have had these black spots on my penis for a few years. I always assumed they were freckles, or birthmarks or something. But lately i've noticed more. They cover the top and bottom of the shaft and a few small dots on the head. What could it be? im planning on seeing a doctor about it soon.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Nov 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  814
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.

It could be a harmless pigmentation or something else.
If you have itching it could be fungal infection.
If it do not show any symptoms it needs to be examined initially and relevant investigations like biopsy might be needed to diagnose .
Since there is increase in number i suggest you to consult a Dermatologist for further investigations and good local examination.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you good health.

Answered: Sat, 27 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor