Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Bad cramps under right rib cage. Reports normal. Loss of appetite. No relief with medicines

Can anybody offer advice or share similar symptoms?  I have very bad cramps under my right rib cage going around to my back, not a pain as such, just an extreme hot cramp which is pretty much permanent. Cramp feeling goes down to my groin . Have had ct scan , ultrasound and blood tests and all okay. Feels like a golf ball is getting squeezed under my rib cage. No fever but loss of appetite. Such an uncomfortable feeling. Part of the ct scan results stated There is no significant para aortic lymphadenopathy . Multiple diverticula are noted in the sigmoid colon .  There is no evidence of diverticulitis . Gas is noted in L4/L5 intervertebral disc in keeping with degeneration. I am taking buscopan and amoxicillin for diverticula but cramps are continuous always in same place under right rib cage to right of belly button. Am seeing consultant on Tuesday but would appreciate any help and guidance please. This is driving me crazy and affecting relationship with wife. No chest pain but dull ache in back right shoulder at top of shoulder. A bit shakey but that’s probably down to not eating! Help!
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  185
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

The diverticula seen on CT scan may just be incidental finding and your symptoms are not completely due to it.
I would like to know are you constipated? If you are, it requires evaluation for the same. Presumptive treatment with amoxicillin is not advisable when clinically you have no features suggestive of active inflammation, to the contrary you may get cramps and diarrhoea due to injudicious use of antibiotics.
I would suggest you to discuss your diet and bowel history in detail with your consultant who will be able to guide you.
Do get back to me with your diet details and any other significant medical history.
Take Care
Answered: Fri, 1 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor