Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Back pain. Lumbar spondylosis, disc protrusion, disc bulge. What can be done?

hi sir this eswar 38 years old, i m from Indian army [ex soldier and nation class sports men] right now i m working as a fitness trainer,, i m suffering with back pain for lost 6 months,, so yesterday i done the mri , the report is like this . impression;; * L4-L5; L5-S1 LUMBAR SPONDYLOSIS * L4-L5 DISC PROTRUSION IS SEVERELY COMPRESSING THE LEFT SIDED EXITING NERVE ROOTS AND MODERATELY COMPRESSING THE THECAL SAC *L5-S1 DISC BULGE IS MILDLY COMPRESSING THE THECAL SAC AND BILATERAL NEURAL RECESSES * PRE AND PARASPINAL SOFT TISSUES ARE NORMAL,, so please kindly advise me what can i do now ?? thank you sir,,G. eswar ex ARMY
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  292
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear friend, welcome to HCM.
it is a slipped disc in lumbar spine causing pressure on the nerves, hence your backache.
also have tingling/ numbness/ weakness in limbs?
I think for your profession, you should a good spine surgeon's opinion if surgery is required. only complete exam would tell you the correct answer. now a days microdisc surgeries are available and minimally invasive, if one is needed.
so get evaluated for the spine.

take care and pl. keep me posted on the progress.
Answered: Mon, 30 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor