Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Baby suffering from fever. Giving crocin. Dosage? Safe?

my baby is 7 month old. From last 2 days she is sufferring from fever . today is the 3rd day. we are giving her crocin suspension 4ml as prescribed by doctor. aftergiving dose her fever comes down to 99.4 for some time and again goes to 101. how many dose in a day should we give and for how many days and how safe this syrup is?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  139
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Your baby is having fever which mostly is viral in nature and settles in few days.
Crocin is a safe medicine and can be given 4 to 6 hourly if temperature is above 100F.
I suggest you to monitor temperature every 6 hourly.
Give her plenty of fluids.
Do tepid sponging in case of high fever.

In case symptoms persist get her evaluated by pediatrician.

Wishing your baby good health.
God bless,,
Answered: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor