Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Frequent fever. Crocin. Can get meftal P?

Hi, My son is 4.5 yrs old. He used to get a frequest fever episode. We used to give crocin 5 ml dosage (16 kg wt) when fever exceeds 100F. She last 2-3 episodes, crocin dosage is not all effective in bringing his fever down and it remain persist at 101-101. If we give him meftal P without crocin dosage then that doesn t work. Can you advise if this is normal and how we can bring his fever down when crocin is resistent during 100-101F fever? Regards Nishant
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  518
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pulmonologist 's  Response
hi Nishant,
thanks for your query.
there is no term called crocin resistant. when there is high grade fever you will give crocin syrup along with some cold sponging ang wash his head with cold water.
but what you have to do is to do some inestigations like
1. TC, DC, Hb%, platelet count
2. blood culture
3. widal test
4. dual antigen for malaria
5. dengue IgM antibody testing
Do consult a good pediatrician and take his opinion.
thank you
Answered: Wed, 29 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor