• question-icon

Are there any side effects of taking Montair-5 and metatop?

My daughter is now 5 years. She is allergic rhinitis. Before 2 years, she was given asthafen and privent for 3 months. But, she has recurrent rhinitis. Now, she has nasal polyp also. Doctor said that she has adenoid. She has now cough and that comes out the mouth(mucous) during two weeks. no chest congestion. Doctor prescribed montair-5 and metatop. Sir, is it has any side effects in the future and whether it will permanently cured from the illness?

thanks in advance.
Tue, 17 May 2016
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Montair is having montelukast. It is anti allergic drug.
Metatop nasal spray is having mometasone. It is inhaled corticosteroids.
Both are drug of choice for allergic rhinitis.
Both are safe for long term use.
For nasal polyp, surgical removal of polyps is an option.
But you can wait for this. Give montair and Metatop for 6-8 months and recheck polyp size. Sometimes with anti allergic drugs, these polyps regress in size. So no surgery is needed. But if they persist even ulster treatment then surgical removal is the option.
Don't worry, she will be alright. No long term side effects of these drugs.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your daughter. Thanks.