Are fainting spells common while having hypothyroidism?

I've just been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and put on levothyroxine (0.075 mg/day), but I originally went to the doctor because I was having fainting spells. Are the two related, or could there be some other underlying cause for each? My blood work showed a higher than normal TSH, and I do have a lot of the other symptoms of hypothyroidism, but I can't find any information on a possible link to the fainting. My doctor also did a Holter recording, which came up normal. I even had a fainting episode while on the holter recorder, so it definitely doesn't seem heart-related. Any suggestions?
Tue, 27 Dec 2016
Endocrinologist 's  Response
I have gone carefully through your concern.
First of all i would suggest to increase the dose of levothyroxine if the TSH level persists high. Than, after normal ranges are reached, the symptoms should disappear. Levothyroxine is a hormone that is produced by thyroid glands, taking it orally when the gland does not function normaly does not have side effects.
Holter recording is the best way to diagnose arrhythmia as a cause of your lipotimia or fainting.
You should discuss with your treating physician to try to find another cause.
For a personalised comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, or individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link:
HCM Dr. Guni

Kind regards,
Dr.MIrjeta