Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Allergic to uncooked flour. Rashes on the lips, cough and nasal congestion. Allergic alcohol?

I have known for years that I am allergic to uncooked flour (like what they put under the dough before baking a pizza) if t touches my lips , I would get a rash . But if I used a knife and fork and was careful not to brush my lips, I was fine. Now, I am wondering if I am allergic to beer. Last night I drank two pale ales and coughed for hours. Tonight I only had half of one and can t quit coughing. Is this allergy? My sinus also feels congested and runny and my throat is a little itchy. I think the first two are normal with alcohol?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
the best way to know if your allergic to something is a test called skin prick test.. it is a test in which common allergens are introduced on your skin..if you r allergic you will develop rash on tat area.. this test is done by immunologist or allergy specialist.. once you know you allergic to something you can avoid it..
a person be allergic to anything..if your symptoms repeatedly happen after drinking beer you may be allergic to beer..
beer is made from wheat and other cereals ..also flour used in dough is made from wheat or other cereals.. therefore you get your allergy test done for food items .. then you vl be guided by the allergy specialist.
Answered: Thu, 27 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor