Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
121 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

After dengue having stomach problem, irritable bowel syndrome. Suggest treatment

hi, last year i suffered from dengue, since then i am having problem with my stomach, whenever i eat something my stomach gets inflamed unusually and it feels very heavy and uncomfortable. i don't have a good appetite and i feel fatigue as well. i have done ultrasonography , liver function test and stool test which are all normal but still i am facing this problem.8 years ago i had suffered from colitis. doctors say that i am having IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME. can you help me out. should i take some probiotic pills. if yes can you suggest me so me.
Fri, 14 Jun 2013
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Treatment/Therapy ,  
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi, there is nothing to do with the past history of dengue and irritable bowels now. if it is psychogenic in nature, see psychiatrist. antianxiety drugs will help. before that try out with probiotics as you said, take multivitamins and zinc. and take appetizers cyproheptadine. and relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation will help. all the very best.
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hello. i have many digestive problems. i am lactose intolerant, have acid relux disease, IBS, i take Nexium and have for the last 15+ years, i had...

Recent questions on  Abdominal pain

doctor1 MD

I am a 33 year old woman that noticed a small round bruise about the size of a cigarette or pen bottom three inches to the left and slightly above...

doctor1 MD

I have been suffering from right shoulder blade pain in my back and feeling in my arm somewhat. I have premature ovarian failure and have been on...

doctor1 MD

i have had a tenderness on my right side near bottom of ribs on and off for 2 yrs, had and ultrasound 2 yrs ago for Gallstones and all clear. Since...

doctor1 MD

I am 50 years old, i have been taking medicines frequently for past 2 years (a course of antibiotics for every alternate months due to amoebiasis,...

doctor1 MD

My husband got very nauseated and extremely sweaty while urinating. He also got shaky. This happened once before about 5 years ago. What could...

doctor1 MD

I'm having slight bleeding when I urinate and also light vaginal bleeding . I am also having slight abdominal pain . I had cervical cancer and had...

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor so my partner and i had a baby 8 and a half months ago we were using condoms as protection. I have underacfive thyroid . We decided last...