Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Abscess on penis shaft, swollen, tender. What can I do?

I havee a abscess on my penis shaft. It has been there for aboutt en years, it started out as an ingrown hair . recently it swelled and got very tender. i squeezed it in attempt to drain it, but it drained under the skin, creating an adjacent, much larger abscess which itches and is irritated. this occured two days ago, today the origional abscesss drained a significant amount of nomal looking puss just by touching it. what can i do, i have no health insurance.
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1204
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016

Based on the facts it appears that you had a sebaceous cyst over shaft of the penis since a long time which got infected now and developed an abscess.As you have already drained it do proper cleaning and dressing for couple of days and take some antibiotics like Doxycycline twice daily Once the infection subsides consult some surgeon who will take the decision to excise it under local anesthesia in Toto with sac.
Answered: Thu, 27 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor