About 5 months ago, I first starting to see light blood in my stool. What kind of disease is this ?

I am 47, African American, 5 9 195. a little overweight but athletic (built like a smaller version of Mike Tyson haha). Active runner and weights. About 5 months ago, I first starting to see light blood (bright red) in my stool. This was followed by IBS. I would have the loudest, most embarrassing gas episodes, combined with small droplets or small stringy stools. Sometimes, the gas would seem to be releasing inside of me like, spontaneous combustion! Sometimes the blood then be on the toilet paper after. The stool would sometimes be covered with a white filmy substance. So, I dealt with this for about two months because I didn t have health insurance. I started doing research and saw a number of reasons for these symptoms (everything from cancer to hemorrhoids ). I started taking more fiber (Fiber 1, the one that has 57% of fiber recommended amount). Within a few days, my problems dissipated. I didnt see anymore obvious blood and the stools went back to normal. I never suffered weight loss but I have an some intermittent stomach pain. I guess over all, something still doesnt feel right. I have been having tailbone pain and gas. Sometimes, I feel like I can press on my tailbone and make the gas pass through. A few days ago, I was suffering from low energy but that is no longer the case. I am going to go to a clinic and tell them of my symptoms but was wondering if you have any knowledge of these symptoms or advice. Thank you!
Fri, 18 Nov 2011